• Welcome to Beth’s Journey!

    Hey! I'm Beth - a 27 year old foodie living and working in the Washington, DC area who has lost almost 90 pounds through Weight Watchers. I love good food, wine and getting creative in the kitchen, and then balancing that out with running, The Shred, and yoga. Please feel free to browse around and hopefully you'll find some ideas, recipes and motivation!

  • Enter your email address to receive emails when new posts are made on Beth's Journey.

    Join 114 other followers

  • Recent Posts

  • Advertisements

Guess What I Bought!!!

Hey! Sorry I’ve been MIA since yesterday morning! I ended up being at the conference all day yesterday then out to dinner until late, and then woke up and went right back! Such is life around conference time…

After I went to the conference hotel yesterday, those delicious cookies made an appearance yet again and I had 3!! They were just so good, and after I had 2, they brought out more hot ones so I had another… oops. I didn’t eat anything else until several of us decided to go out to dinner after we wrapped up for the day. We went to the hotel bar and I had a martini:

Dirty Vodka Martini with Olives… mmm. After that, we headed out to dinner. The restaurant we chose ended up being kind of a bust. When they sat us down, they didn’t have enough menus for us because apparently they were a really hot commodity there. We saw a few other tables get menus first, and then finally after 20 mins or so we got ours. After we ordered, the food took over an hour to come! The company was good so we had a good time, but it was crazy how bad the service was. I got a salad to start:

And used olive oil and vinegar for dressing. Then for my main course, I got the salmon filet with a baked potato.

It was OK. Nothing to write home about, but I ate it. I wanted some salsa for my baked potato and they didn’t have any, so I used the sour cream sparingly. I also ordered some fries to share with the table:

Because the service was so bad, we didn’t get back to the hotel until 11pm or so, and I didn’t end up getting home until almost midnight. I had to be back at the hotel this morning for 10am, so I just went to bed quick after getting home.

I was craving a Green Monster when I woke up, so I made one quickly before heading over. After I started putting it together, I realized I was out of bananas!

Tragic when it comes to Green Monsters but it still turned out pretty good. I think the banana adds some sweetness and creaminess that just isn’t there without it. This GM had:

  • 1.5 cups light soy milk
  • frozen peaches
  • frozen strawberries
  • frozen honeydew melon
  • Amazing Grass packet
  • 2 big handfuls of spinach

It was still pretty good, but definitely missing something. I’ll be going to restock on bananas shortly! đŸ™‚

Today was a pretty easy day at the conference. It was the first day of the conference, because Thursday and Friday were the pre-conference course, yesterday was the exam, and then today through Tuesday is the conference itself. Everything went pretty smoothly and I was only there from 10 – 3ish, so it wasn’t too bad. We had an awesome lunch buffet which almost made working on a Sunday OK…

Butter Lettuce Salad with Strawberries and Oranges

Succotash and Rice and Beans

Chicken and Tilapia over Polenta

Green Bean Salad with tomatoes, red onions, and feta


Chocolate and Lemon Cake

My first plate… Butter Lettuce Salad, Succotash, and Green Bean Salad.

My second plate, Rice and Beans, Tilapia, More Green Bean Salad and Succotash, and a roll. Everything was SO good. I also had a piece of the lemon cake which was awesome, and definitely ate more than I planned. I felt really stuffed after these plates but continued to a pick a little bit because the buffet was left out there for so long. I’m still feeling kind of stuffed and don’t know why I always overdo it at conferences! Argh.

After getting off around 3, I made an extremely exciting purchase…

A NEW BIKE!!!!! I’m sooo excited. It’s a hybrid bike that’s used, but has new tires and is fully tuned and ready to ride. I might take it on a ride later tonight or else wait until tomorrow, but I can’t wait!! I have been wanting a bike really badly ever since riding with my dad over Easter weekend, and I went yesterday to check them out at this Flea Market. There’s a vendor thats there every Saturday and Sunday that sells used bikes, and I found this bike yesterday and asked them to hold it for me. I went back today and gave it another go and loved it so I went ahead and bought it. It cost $200 plus $10 for a helmet, which is very reasonable. They do a 30 day warranty in case anything happens to the bike or you don’t like it, and will tune it up for free for 90 days. In case you’re in the DC/Arlington area, here’s their ad on Craig’s List. The guys are really helpful and knowledgeable and if you’re on the market for a used bike, I highly recommend these guys!

Be back later!

« »

3 Responses

  1. How neat! I’m sure you’ll have lots of fun with it.

  2. Ahh! Have so much fun with your bike! I can’t wait till the rain here in boston ends so I can break mine out!

  3. I think you hit all of my weaknesses….dessert, bread, and alcohol! LOL

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: