In the spirit of creativity in the kitchen, I came up with a new tofu recipe that I had for dinner last night and lunch today, and it is delicious!
- 1 block extra-firm tofu, pressed (8 points for Nasoya brand)
- 1 tbsp almond butter (2 pts)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp minced ginger (fresh if you have it but I used jarred)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Add almond butter, soy sauce, ginger, and garlic to a bowl.
- Microwave for 30 seconds and stir to combine
- Cut tofu into desired size – I made mine into 16 small strips with 4 strips = 2 points
- Marinate tofu in sauce for ~ 1 hour or however long you can hold off
- Bake tofu for 30 minutes at 375º, turning once
The entire recipe is 10 points, so if you have half it is 5 points, or you can divide it up however you like. I had 1/3 of the tofu (3.5 points) so I made a .5 point sauce to add some extra flavor.
- 1 tsp almond butter (.5 pts)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp ginger
All microwaved together and doused over the tofu.
I ate the tofu with boiled green beans (0 pts) and 2/3 cup whole wheat couscous that was leftover from Sunday (2 pts), so 6 points total for the dinner.
For lunch today, I had more tofu without the sauce with leftover green beans with some apple cider vinegar for flavor.
I also had 1/4 large cantaloupe for “dessert” (1 pt) which was SO juicy and delicious.
This tofu is awesome and very similar to last week’s baked tofu recipe, but has almond butter instead of honey in the marinade. You could easily make this with peanut butter instead but having the nut butter in the sauce gives such a nice crust on the tofu and its just delish!
Have you cooked anything delicious lately? Share recipes in the comments!!
Filed under: Uncategorized |