Somehow it is already the last day of 2010. How on earth did that happen!? I was looking through my freewebs page that I kept last year prior to starting this blog, and came across the goals I had written down for this year.. Unfortunately, I only met about half of my goals, but 2011 is a new year and a new chance to make positive changes in my life.
To review, here was my list of goals for 2010 and how I did on them.
- Run a half marathon – Check! September 19th I ran the Rock n Roll Half in Philly. You can read the recap here.
- Get to my goal weight and become a lifetime WW member! – Not so much. In fact, I am heavier than I was at this time last year by about 8 pounds, but I’ve had a great year of moving towards a very whole foods diet rather than the processed stuff and have completely overhauled my diet. I’ve also given up meat for almost an entire year – though I’m not really sure if I’ll stick with that or not.
- Work for WW – Again, not so much. You have to be Lifetime in order to be a leader, and I’m not there yet. However, I really really want to become a leader once I’m lifetime and will keep you posted once I get there.
- Start saving 10% of my monthly income and DON’T TOUCH IT. I did save 10% of my monthly income, but I did also touch it a little more often that I should have. I do have a lot more saved at this time than I did last year, but still not enough.
- Try to be a nicer person….. less judgmental, send hand-written thank yous, be proud of what I say – umm. I think I lost sight of this one right after I wrote it down. I did, however, eat beignets in New Orleans and those were very nice.. maybe they will rub off on me.
So all in all – I did OK with my goals. I think being flexible with yourself and letting other things come to the forefront when need be is important. At the beginning of 2010, I had no idea I would even start this blog, much less than it would become such a big part of my days and my life. Also, I didn’t know that I would completely overhaul my eating and move towards a much less processed diet and eat so much healthier. So looking back on those things on top of the half marathon, I really do think I accomplished a lot in 2010 and am proud of what I’ve done the past year.
That said, I’d like to set some new goals for next year to help me become a healthier, more balanced person in 2011. Here they are..
Goals for 2011
- Run a second half marathon faster than my first (2:16:18) – March 26th is the date I’m signed up for my second half.
- Continue to strength train several times a month. (Ideally 2x a week but I know that won’t always happen).
- Get to my goal weight and become a lifetime WW member (seen this one before?)
- No More Cigarettes. I’m not an everyday smoker anymore (quit in January 2009) but have been struggling with having them if I’m drinking (which isn’t that often). No more of this. It’s a slippery slope.
- Read at least one book a month. I love reading, especially before bed, and reading more causes me to watch less TV.
- Continue to Save 10% of my income and really don’t touch it this time.
- Make positive changes to Beth’s Journey because I love writing this blog and being able to do something daily relating to my passion for healthy living. I think I’ve found my groove with blogging once a day and alternating it between recipes, random thoughts, workout tips, etc. I also want to improve the look of the site and am in the process of getting a new header and making it easier to navigate around the site.
That’s a lot to accomplish, but I really think I can do it if I stay focused.
Please share three things with me:
- What is your biggest accomplishment for 2010?
- What is one of the things you hope to do in 2011?
- What would you like to see here on Beth’s Journey? Any questions/topics/thoughts you would like to see addressed? Anything you’d like to see more or less of on here?
Filed under: Uncategorized |