I don’t normally do two posts in one day anymore, but it’s my birthday and I can do what I want. 😉
26 was quite the year for me! Some of the major highlights…
I ran not one, but TWO half marathons!
And then my second one and my personal record in my city – DC.
I hit my goal weight
AND I made Lifetime status with Weight Watchers!
I got featured as a Health Hero on the Washingtonian’s Wellbeing Blog.
Beth’s Journey was also featured as one of the four inspirational weight loss blogs on a health.com article!
I traveled A LOT. I went to:
- Minneapolis, MN
- Kansas City, MO
- Columbus, OH
- San Diego, CA
- Indianapolis, IN
- Philadelphia, PA (x100)
- New York, NY
- Shenandoah Valley, VA
Also, I have my first speaking engagement coming up at the Healthy Living Summit in August – details just posted today!
I also took control of my finances, which is the biggest weight off my shoulders! Update on that front – I am down to around $4k of credit card debt (from $11k!) and have also paid off my car in full! I expect to be 100% debt free before 2012!
I’m sure I’m missing some, but those are the big ones sticking out in my mind!
Hopes for Year 27
- Run a FULL marathon – Scheduled for October 30, 2011!
- Select a triathlon for 2012
- Become a Leader for WW
- Maintain my weight (or lose a few lbs!) throughout my 27th year
- Get fully out of debt and have a hefty emergency fund of 6 months of living expenses saved before turning 28!
- Plan an international trip for 2012 – I haven’t been out of the country since I was a kid!
- Redesign Beth’s Journey and move to a self hosted domain – stay tuned!
Here’s to an amazing 27th year!!
Filed under: Uncategorized |